A positive customer experience is our top priority. We continuously look to improve our technology and communication to provide an efficient and user-friendly experience. We are always looking to improving our communication so that we stay in tune with our customers to provide the best in these services:
• CONSIGNMENT AUCTION Two or three times every month, we have a multi-consignor auction in our 12,000 sq. ft. facility where we liquidate over 2000 lots of personal property. This can range from fine jewelry and coins to modern furniture; from fine antiques to rare and unusual collectibles; from paper collectibles to artwork; from glass and china to automobiles; from appliances and patio furniture to tools.
These consignments vary from single items, entire collections or even a house full of contents. Our auctions contain a broad array of antiques & collectibles.
We accept consignments for these auctions by appointment throughout the week. We are able to coordinate a time to drop items off at one of our locations. Pick-up service is also available. An auction at our facility is often a more cost-effective solution, when considering onsite costs associated with set-up and advertising.
• ESTATE LIQUIDATION If you find yourself in a position of needing to liquidate an estate, we can help. We prefer to start our relationship with a free onsite consultation. Contact us early in the process before you discard a thing. Plain City Auction has been in business since 1959 for a reason! Let us show you why.
We process estates like we would want someone handling our own families’ possessions. We are thoughtful, careful and diligent. We have found and returned long lost family heirlooms, tens of thousands of dollars in cash and jewelry as well as the artwork your mom had saved from when you were in kindergarten.
We have been a trusted partner with many central Ohio realtors and attorneys. We have even helped recover a stolen vehicle. We will tailor our solution to meet your needs. Whether you are looking for us to clean-out the entire estate or only want us to secure and auction the valuables from an estate.
• BANKRUPTCY & BUYOUTS If you are in a situation where you need to liquidate immediately, this option might be something to consider. We can convert your property or collection into cash. If you are wondering “What can we do with all of our furniture, glassware, lawn items, business inventory, tools, car or truck, etc.?” If you no longer need or want these items; please give us a call. We can help!
Sometimes, we can offer same day service or adjust to your needs or schedule. We will come out, inventory and often reach an agreement for purchase on the spot.
• DOWN-SIZING An ever popular buzz-word today as we look to minimize our possessions. Down-sizing often occurs in phases. We can assist you in all phases of down-sizing.
This service can range from the first round of getting rid of the formal dining room suite and the furniture in the spare bedroom to more extensive multi-room efforts. We will also swing by and pick-up those extra items that you took to your new place and they just don’t fit. Give us a call, we can handle the scope of your down-sizing.
• CLEAN-OUTS Let’s face it, we all have accumulated a lot of “stuff”. Our parents and grandparents that lived during the depression were conditioned to save everything. The plastic clips from bread sacks since 1956 may still not have much value but the 1952 Singer Featherweight Centennial sitting on the shelf in the basement sure does.
We are often asked “Can you take everything?” YES, our service is a one-stop shop. We might not have the customers to sell everything but we will auction what we can. We will donate what we can and trash the remaining items. Ultimately, we can leave you with a broom swept clean house or condo.
If you need to get a house or estate ready to sell and just don’t have the time or resources to get the house completely empty, we can provide a cost-effective solution for family members, executors, attorney and trustees. We call this service a clean-out. Don’t pay one of the big “Junk Removal” companies that are always on the radio. We are often a fraction of the cost and we find the value in the “junk” first.
• ON-SITE AUCTIONS Sometimes an on-site auction is the best viable solution. We can process these in two or three methods: 1) online only 2) in-person only and 3) simulcast, which is a combination of 1) and 2).
With our online on-site auctions, we can bring our people and processes to your location. We photograph your items on-site, build the online auction off-site and finally coordinate/manage the pick-up of won items after the auction. This process is fairly seamless and very effective. We can discuss these options with you. There are certainly situations where on-site is the right solution for you.